Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

A Look Back...

































Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It’s a Girl!

Adalae (Addie) Arlene Corbett is one week old today. Despite the long nights, this week has flown by! We have already been on one shopping trip and a walk, and we go to the pediatrician today. We have welcomed many visitors and have enjoyed their company. I also loved all the good wishes and cards (especially from all those HPA students... they were so fun to read!). I am looking forward to the following weeks and getting to know Addie better. Until then, here are some stats from the past week:
Record number of dirty diapers in 24 hours: 15
Record number of feedings in 24 hours: 13
Longest stretch of sleep for all Corbetts: 3 hours
Most visitors in one day: 8
Slowest walk to the Audubon Coffee shop: 3.11.08 (about 45 min.)

Monday, March 17, 2008


3.17.08

Today is Addie’s due date. It’s just so wierd because this date has held so much meaning for so long now. The really bizarre thing is that I can’t imagine things happening any differently than they did.

Today was also our first day just the two of us. We had our first outing without Brian and went to Target. I tried to go to the post office to get her birth certificate notarized, but there was a line and I freaked out that she would start crying while standing in line, so I left. Plus, I’m not 100% certain that the post office has notaries, so if anyone reads this and knows, I would love to find out! I guess we’ll try again tomorrow and hopefully go for a walk if it’s warmer and not snowing :)

In other news, HIMYM is new tonight. Awesome.

Friday, March 21, 2008


Week 2

First of all, thanks to everyone for the advice about the bank. We went to the bank this week and got Addie’s birth certificate notarized. There was a line, but I didn’t freak out this time and waited (not so patiently) and we both survived. :)
Today concludes our first week home by ourselves. My mom did come over both Wednesday and Thursday this week, so that helped break up the week and give me some extra help. On Tuesday night Addie’s umbilical cord fell off, so we celebrated the following night by giving her a bath in her tub. It was actualy a lot of fun! She seems to enjoy the water and bath time, especially getting her hair washed. The next day I had my first outing by myself - to get my hair cut. It was wierd being without her. I guess I never noticed how much I felt her prescence with me while I was pregnant. I always thought that I wouldn’t have a problem with things like this, but I guess I’m more of a sentimental "mom" than I realized.
The big thing on my mind now is Sunday. We are currently planning on going to church, to brunch with my family, and then over to Brian’s parent’s house for dessert. I am nervous about how all this running around will go and how well we will all deal with it. Most of my nerves come from feeding her. I guess I’m just not comfortable doing that in public, but I’m trying to remind myself that almost everywhere does have a private place available for that and people bring babies with them places all the time, and we can’t just hibernate in our house forever.
Wish us luck, and I hope you all have a happy Easter!

Monday, March 31, 2008


Snowy Monday

Well our goal of going on an "outing" each day will finally be broken today. There just seems no sense in venturing out on a day like today. We’ve had a good last week with Addie. Easter was a success, and we were able to spend time with spring-breaking friends during the past week. We went to lunch with Mandy, and later in the week went for a walk by St. Anthony Main with her and Henry. We were also lucky enough to visit with friends Pat and Sunny who were in town from Montana.

It’s amazing when I look at pictures how much she has changed in the last 3 1/2 weeks! It’s fun to guess who she will end up looking like and to begin to figure out her personality a little more each day. It’s hard to believe that she will be one month old on Saturday! Where has the time gone???

Tuesday, April 08, 2008


Stats

Addie had her 1 month doctor’s visit yesterday, and she’s growing like a weed! She now weighs 8lbs. 11oz., and is 20 1/2 in. long, and her head is big! We also had our longest stretch of sleep the other night, from 12:30 - 6:30. I’ll do the math for you all, that’s 6 hours! It’s not quite as good as it sounds as it was preceeded by 4 hours of eating and screaming. I’m not sure yet if it was worth it :)

Our outings for this week consist of visiting "works". Today we visited my work, HPA, and she was quite the hit. It was fun to see all the kids and teachers, it made me realize how much I like what I do, since I definately missed many of the people I saw. But don’t get any ideas... I don’t miss it enough to go back until Septemer! Tomorrow we are going to visit my mom at work, and then Brian on Friday. I’m very excited to visit Brian’s work because I’ve never been there!

Thursday, April 10, 2008


A trip to the Mall

Today Addie and I took our first trip to Ikea and the Mall. We went to the Mall of America and actually had a really good time! I have always wondered why department stores like Dayton's, Bloomingdales, and Nordstrom had fancy chairs in their restrooms; who would want to hang out in a public bathroom? Nursing Mothers! It was really nice to have a comfortable private place to feed Addie while out and about. We even made a nursing friend! Other than that, we bought a hat and shirt at Baby Gap (Thanks Martin's!) and a dress from The Childrens Place, which by the way, is probably my new favorite store. We then went on a self-guided tour of Nickelodeon Universe in preparation of our field trip there in May!

Thursday, April 17, 2008


OMG!

Oh my! I got the OK from my doctor yesterday to resume activities as normal. This was great news! I've been so anxious to start training again... so I thought. I biked to class last night and thought I was going to die on the way home. I was already feeling the ride there, it was cold, the wind was in my face, and it was uphill the whole way! So I decided I would try running today, that's always been my strong suit anyways, and again I thought I was going to die. I only did 2 miles and already every muscle in my body is exhausted. I knew it was going to be hard to get back into shape, but I wasn't expecting this! I guess I'm going to have to subscribe to the philosophy of no pain, no gain!

Friday, April 25, 2008


Deep Thoughts by Mrs. Corbett

Remember the SNL skit with Deep Thoughts? I forgot about them until recently and here is my deep thought from the past week... As one thing becomes easier, something else becomes harder. I realized this as I was going for a walk around Lake Harriet with some friends last weekend. There were 4 of us, 2 kids, and 3 dogs - yes, we were quite the caravan! Anyways, walking around the lake (or along the river) with a 1 year old is much different than with a 1 month old. There were many stops to be had for him to explore, play, and push the stroller. Although it may be easier for that family to go out to dinner or to weddings, it's much easier for us to walk around the lake. I know this may sound trivial, but it has allowed me to really appreciate where we are with Addie right now and savour each moment even more. Thanks to Mandy and Henry for this revelation!

11 comments:

Matt said...

Addie is adorable!

Also, gotta love those classic SNL deep thoughts!

Keep up the good work,
-Matt
www.Tender-Thoughts.com

Anonymous said...

fantastic pic of her newborn p-ssy mum, saved so I can wank my c--k looking at it

Anonymous said...

new born is best always looking for pics of bbycu-t

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm love to lick that fat juicypussy

Anonymous said...

no kidding its a girl, just look at her lovely fat, red, puffy, perfect slit i am stroking looking at it , i am going tocum for her wishing i could shoot it on her

Anonymous said...

i just didcum

bbysbest said...

looking for <5 especially bbypussy

Anonymous said...

https://ppkvhat.rs/invite/i=124361

Anonymous said...

missed it

Hkkvghio said...

Hey, if anyone wants to trade cute pics or videos of little girls (0-12 years) or little boys (0-10 years), message me on telegram @t.me/Juju210374

On KIK
Juju210374

Anonymous said...

baby is best but too many time wasters