Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

A Running First

I do a lot of urban running and biking, and therefore talk about it a lot with other friends who do it as well. According to the most experienced runners/bikers, it's not IF you get hit by a car, but WHEN. No worries, I wasn't hit by a car today, but was nearly bit by a dog! I passed 5 dogs on my run (including a pit bull, husky, and lab mix) and a little ankle biter tried to do just that! The owner had it on one of those "expandable" leashes, but didn't lock it or shorten its reign when I went by and it showed its teeth and jumped up on me and tried to bite me! Luckily I jumped back before it could sink its teeth, but apparently I need to be on the lookout for cars AND dogs for now on.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

maybe its a sign to stop exercising? just a thought.

Cassie said...

You need your own dog to protect you! :)

EFS said...

I was biking yesterday and almost got hit by a skateboarder!! Maybe the dogs will get you to practice sprinting; just a thought.