Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tommorrow is the Day!

I had my 37 week appointment today which included a biophysical exam since my fluid levels were measuring low last week. This exam included an ultrasound where she measured the baby's movements, development, and the fluid level. Just like last week, we did get some great shots of the baby, and I'm still loving his/her chubby cheeks! After the ultrasound they hooked me up to the fetal monitor to check the baby's heart rate with their movements.

After this, the baby looked healthy all around, but my fluid levels dropped to the "critical" level by .25. Since I am considered full term, the doctors decided to induce me tomorrow morning at 7:30 am... Yikes!

The fact that we are going to have a baby tomorrow just seems so surreal to me right now. In one way I'm grateful for the advance notice. We were able to get the crib put together tonight, make plans for Addie, get things wrapped up at work, and get our bags packed. On the other side, I'm nervous! I'm nervous about the baby being ok and the pain of contractions and delivery (especially given the pitocin). I'm just trying to keep in mind that I survived all of this last time and this baby is going to have to come out at some point!

See you next time... when I will be writing as a member of a family of 4!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers! Go Mama!