Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Traditions

Each family has their own Christmas traditions – baking cookies, cutting down their tree, touring holiday lights, among others.  I have participated in each of these, but not every year.  The tradition that I have had my entire life is going downtown to see the display on Dayton’s (or Marshall Fields or Macy’s) eighth floor.  Even though I think it is the fourth year in a row seeing A Day in the Life of an Elf, it is still one of my favorite holiday traditions and I love being able to share it with Addie and Max.  The bonus this year was that they did update a couple parts, which made Addie happy because she still remembered that, “the banging doors are a little bit scary for me.”  

The new display of the reindeer stables... much less scary than the banging doors!

 
Addie writing her letter to Santa


 After walking through the display we got some dinner and then watched the Holidazzle parade.  Addie was mesmerized by all of the lights and loved shouting out to us who was coming up next! 


"Mom I'm trying to watch the parade!"
The last tradition leading up to Christmas that we have started as a family is to make a Christmas craft.  I got the idea for it this year from Pinterest (one obsession that came out of a 5 month maternity leave!).  So one Saturday afternoon we painted thumbs and started pressing them onto little ornaments and the result was really cute!

No comments: