Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Me!

 There are a few things that I have not been willing to give up as a parent: Dave Matthews Band concerts, Monday night yoga class, and triathlons (I’m sure there are more things, but these seem to have dominated my time lately).  The weekend following the fourth, Brian and I made a quick trip to Alpine Valley, in East Troy, WI, to see the Dave Matthews Band. We went out there without tickets, but ended up with our best ones yet by exercising some serious patience with the ticket brokers – first row behind the pit incase you can’t tell from the picture!  It was an amazing set list and we had a great time as always! This was our eleventh trip out there since 1999, and I am already excited for next year! 

One week later I participated in the Lifetime Triathlon at Lake Nokomis.  I look forward to this event more and more every year.  Typically I am very nervous at the start of my first tri for the summer, but for some reason this year I was just excited.  And it seemed to pay off too!  I had a personal best time on this course and also finished 4th in my age group, which is my highest finish at the Lifetime Tri!  I also have no doubt that my fan club also helped me to such a great finish!


1 comment:

Clark Family said...

Good for you for doing things for you, and being so successful with the triathalon!