Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another Christening of Sorts

Last night once I was done feeding Addie right before she went to bed, I set her down in her crib to watch her aquarium while I got myself ready for bed. I know she enjoyed the light show because she had a lot to say about it once it was over. Then when she was done telling us all about it, she must have realized it was time to sleep, so she started to suck on her fist and was out in minutes! So we decided, why move a sleeping baby? And so began her first night in her room in her crib!

She slept really well, and woke up at 3:30 to eat. When I went to pick her up I noticed that she felt wet. Under closer examination I realized she had blown out her diaper - poop was all up her back, on her pj's, on the sheets, and through to the mattress pad! Of course this would happen the one time she sleeps in her crib! But we got her cleaned up and fed, new sheets on, and it was off to sleep once more.

Then when I got her this morning, she had wriggled around so much that her diaper was halfway down her butt crack, and again, everything was wet! So off came the pj's and sheets and we are on our second load of laundry for the night. So I guess we will continue with the crib now, I just hope that all of the other stuff doesn't become routine as well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT is a CUTE face ... and I must say ... in the game of "Who does she look like?" today's answer is her MOMMA ... until now I had been leaning towards the Daddy ... But either way she is certainly a darling!

Confession: I am a true blog groupie ... although that is not surprising to some ... but I do enjoy keeping up! : )

HGB

Anonymous said...

Hoorah! Congrats on the transition to the crib! :) Brie