Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

I did it -

and now I must do it. I registered today for the St. Croix Valley Triathlon. Yikes. It's on August 30th, so I have two weeks to train, right? Just kidding... I have been training for a while now, just things are slower and harder than I had expected. It has come to a point where I just needed to decide to not do it, or just do it and be ok with my time probably being the worst overall. I've decided I'm ok with the latter because I think it will just feel good to participate and will give me some momentum as I move on into the school year. The part that seems to be bugging me the most is that this is my last year to compete in my current age group. I have been improving my times over the past three seasons - coming in 2nd at a small tri, and placing 15th at the Lifetime Tri last year (and getting 5th in the run). The group that I will move on to next year is the most competitive. Hopefully I will still be able to place well then.

On a more positive note, I am excited for the event and now have even more motivation to get me through the next two weeks. I do have to thank Brian and Erin because without the two of them pushing me and holding me accountable I would probably not even be competing this year. THANK YOU!

Oh, and this made me laugh today:
http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=32533&BIB=4325&S=230&PWD= (yes, she's 7.5 months pregnant here)
I'm not sure that this is good for this woman mentally or physically. Psycho!

No comments: