Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Snowy Sunday and Status

There have been a few updates and changes in "Life With Addie" lately. Probably the biggest one is that I have finally discontinued pumping while at work. We have cut Addie's nursings down to morning and evening. I thought that I would feel more affected by this change, but am actually feeling quite ambivalent about it. I am guessing it may hit me more on Monday when we are home together all day and I will need to be preparing formula bottles! I am not sure how long I will continue with the morning and evening nursings, but she definately does not seem ready to give up the morning one any time soon. I am not sure when I will be ready either, my original goal was to nurse for 6 months and now look at where we are!

In other news, after months of waiting, Addie has another tooth coming in! Her first tooth came in October, and the second one two weeks later. We have kept waiting and waiting since then for the next ones to sprout, but it has taken 3 months! Thankfully for all of us, the teething has had little affect on her demeanor and sleep.



Addie continues to keep us busy and is becoming more and more active - pulling herself up on everything, and pulling down every object she can reach. To our relief we have finally installed some baby gates. Let's just say, Addie does not get the peaceful feeling from them that we do.



We were able to have a night out alone this week at the Wild Game. As I was watching the game, I was thinking about how much life has changed over the years. I used to eat, sleep, and breathe hockey. Now I am lucky if I make it into an arena twice a winter. This doesn't even include putting on skates! That seems to come even fewer and far between. Hopefully Addie will take a liking to hockey and that will motivate me to get back into it as well. A good first step is that she is enjoying going out on the ice more and more!

1 comment:

Brie said...

The "jail" photo of her is great - I love it! The expression on her face says it all.