Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Our last nursing session...


According to iPhoto, it was nearly one year ago that this picture was taken.  This is how Max and I spent the majority of our time together… me nursing him.  And now today marks the last of our nursing sessions.  I have mixed feelings about being done.  Mostly I am excited to now fully have my body back and I am proud of myself that I nursed him past his first birthday (although not by much!).  But I am also sad that I am now officially done nursing our babies.  I will not miss hauling my pump to work and putting up my “Do Not Disturb” sign, but I will miss the time spent snuggling with him sound asleep just before I lay him in his crib.  But knowing that Max is already growing out of his baby faze, I realize that these snuggles will start to dwindle whether I am nursing or not.  Overall, I am grateful to have made it as long as I did (with both kids!) and know that I couldn’t have without the support of Brian, my family, and my girlfriends.  With a network like that, it made breastfeeding the easy choice!
At least he's still little enough for me to carry around in the Bjorn!

No comments: